I'm a huge believer in the power of an impassioned individual. I'm starting to angel invest as a way to support these entrepreneurs on their journeys. If you'd like to pitch me your vision, here's some helpful things to know about me.
AREAS I'M EXCITED ABOUT
- Ed tech - specifically adult education & skills-based, lifelong learning. I'm less pumped about K-12 education mostly because it's so damn hard.
- Fintech - I'm pumped about fintech infrastructure, consumer products, payments and lending.
- Pet tech - I believe there's a massive opportunity in reinventing pet care and the vet experience. Less excited about pet products or pet food.
- While I've invested outside of these verticals in the past, I'm trying to stick to these as I invest further. That said, pitch me a better thing I use everyday and I might be game.
WHEN TO TALK TO ME
- I won't be your first check. Because I have a small pool of $$ that I'm investing from, I prefer to participate when you've hit some kind of meaningful milestone (product in market, first $XX of MRR, raised a small pre-seed round).
- I promise not to waste your time or my own. Feel free to send me your materials via my contact form and if I'm seriously interested, I'll reach out. I won't pump you for info nor make promises I don't plan to keep.
PROCESS & CHECK SIZE
- I write $5-20k checks with a target of 4-6 deals a year. I'm also super excited to support female founders and POCs!
- I like to have 2 meetings - one to hear your high-level pitch and the second to ask questions once I've had a chance to collect my thoughts and diligence the space. Most of my investments stick to this format!